Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rest

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

This past weekend, Will and I got to get away.  We are so blessed to have a family willing to take care of our girls so that we can spend some time taking care of just ourselves.  To us that meant rest.  We headed down to the coast and did just that.   I tried to jot down God's gifts as they came pouring in...
sleeping late
eating brunch...having kids means three meals a day, not the luxury of combining two!
matinee movie
68 degrees in January
roaming through antique stores
a long bike ride on the IOP connector over the waterway  
the view...

legs that got me over that bridge (in skinny jeans and leather riding boots, no less)...
thank you, God, for yoga
a husband that will ride bikes with me (the only bike available for him...a turquoise beach cruiser with a basket (containing my purse) and a bell...a confident man) 
these two words...

buffalo shrimp tacos and a "Tell-Tale Heart" burger (topped with a fried egg) at Poe's in a readily available booth, while the Clemson basketball game aired live on a nearby TV
long afternoon naps on a couch so worn that it is like sleeping in a nest
a mixed up order at Starbucks that introduced me to a salted caramel mocha latte...divine 
(the first time I have ever drank an entire coffee drink...the caffeine high...I'm hooked)
another movie, why not?
eating sushi at 10:00pm...speechless
sleeping later
going Home
two, beautiful girls wrapping themselves around us...FAMILY
one first missing tooth...the last first missing tooth...realizing the fleeting nature of time...
GROWTH
a reminder to open my eyes to see the beauty of her snaggle-tooth grin right now
 (taken on a cell phone)
Thanking God that His yoke is easy and His burden is light...Today, always.
Thanking God for rest for our weary souls.



No comments:

Post a Comment