Monday, January 16, 2012

A Birthday


"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's 
womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day."  Psalm 139:13



I had the privilege of turning 33 today.  It was an especially blessed day for me.  I have a husband who goes out of his way to toil and stress to make a birthday the "perfect day."  I have two, spirited girls who love to shower me with gifts, affection, surprises, and who love birthdays period.  I have two parents who drove over three hours just to spend the day with me (I wouldn't have had this day had they not done their part, a pretty important gift)!  I got to spend this day in some of the most beautiful places my eyes have ever seen.  I experienced God's presence everywhere today, spilling over.  My soul recognizes His works and rejoices in His beauty. Today, He displayed these works, His creation and I received each one as a gift.  Today, He opened my eyes to see...


After serving me breakfast in bed (his famous bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches), he decided to do the dishes.  He said no one ever told him you couldn't put dish soap in the dishwasher.  Hence, the river of soapy water that invaded our kitchen...He tries so hard!
Getting to spend some time in one of my most favorite, little towns....McClellanville. 
 Eating local shrimp at T.W. Grahams.  I love this shrimp!  I love how it is caught in their backyard and I love that it isn't the size of my hand like the kind you get at the grocery store.  This is good ole South Carolina shrimp!  

Shrimp Boats...now that's fresh!
A quaint little church sitting in a quaint little town...breathtaking!
After leaving McClellanville, we headed to the beach.  The sand, the ocean, the sky, the sun, my family...all gifts, all from God.
Jess...always searching, always finding.
My parents...always there, always loving.
Will and Rea...always playing, always having fun!
This one loves the camera capturing her moments...
 Piles and piles of sea shells!
Her Papa...he gave up his Sunday nap to be with us, to be with me.  Every type A trait I have came from him.  He loves me alot!
Her sister...again, I love her point of view.  The crookedness of the shot, its imperfections making it so perfect.  Her best friend.
This time, I captured her.  She is wild and free and I feel like I caught a glimpse of that uncontainable spirit in this shot.
Love.
I love his size compared to her...her gentle giant.  
Her ride.

My baby girl...always.
My other baby, my first...the one who never stands still...always in motion.
Endless Energy
Boundless Strength
God, I love her.
"Your thoughts--how rare, how beautiful!  God, I'll never comprehend them!  I couldn't even begin to count them--any more than I could count the sand of the sea."  (Psalm 139:17)

Jess took this picture...I love everything about it.
These trees, this sun...I cannot write words to describe them...I love what I read once...
"Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say:
'O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!"
--Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

God, thank you for a 33rd birthday.  Thank you for sharing your infinite beauty with me.  You have given me eyes to see and love to share. I rejoice in adoration at your great works.  I am in awe.  I delight in your gifts!



















4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from the Snapshop course! I LOVE the composition of many of your pictures. The angle of Papa, the pier and daughter, you/daughter/shadows, daddy carrying daughter. Lovely!!!

    And can I also say I'm a little jealous of your weather as we're covering in snow barely eeking out 17 degrees today!!! I do NOT want to go outside and take pictures of my kiddos :o) !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIley, I don't know how you live in such cold weather ;) Thanks, for the nice comments. This is just a lot of fun for me and I am so glad that we are doing this while our kids are still young. These moments would be lost if we didn't ;)

      Delete
  2. You got so many great ones. The one with her feet hanging over her dad's shoulder is my favorite...such a fun composition. The ones at the end too, leaping at the beach ~ you should be really proud of these!

    You have a real strong handle on the rule of thirds, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I am really enjoying your class. I will highly recommend it to my friends ;)

      Delete