Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Fort

"Teach me how to live to please you, because you're my God.  Lead me by your blessed Spirit into clear and level pastureland."  (Psalm 143:9-10)


Today was a beautiful day.  January and 67 degrees...a gift.  Will and Reagan had been planning to build a fort the last couple of days.  Today was the day!  These two never cease to amaze me with what they can create together.  I am so grateful that they had a gorgeous Saturday to do this.  I am thankful that we had access to all kinds of "materials."  I am blessed that we have a wide open space to build a fort (clear and level pastureland). I am so glad that we have each other.   We spent the entire afternoon in this resting place.  For a few hours, we left the world behind.  God is so good and His glory was shining all around us.  Words cannot begin to articulate just how thankful I am to have had today, which is why I am so glad to have pictures...
Gathering the materials.
One of those roll down your window kind of days.
 
Sitting on the hood of dad's truck and choosing the fort site...a gift for her.
We ended up calling it a condo when all was said and done.
seeing
living
resting
thanksgiving
My resting place...I have not climbed a tree in twenty years and it scared me to death.  I am so glad that I did it though because it was just fun.  I am grateful to have a husband strong enough to catch me when I had to fall into his arms to get down...trusting!









No comments:

Post a Comment