Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Building a Transporter...

The following is a series of texts I discovered while looking on my phone this afternoon.   My seven year old has a way of making off with my phone from time to time.  These were the texts between her and her dad who had left this morning to board a plane for Miami (which she calls "new mini").

Daddy's Girl:  I miss you why do you have to go to new mini call me when your there love reagan.


Dad:  Sweet girl.  I don't want to go to new mini, but that's where the football game is and the transporter isn't ready yet, as soon as u invent it, I won't ever have to go to new mini again.


Daddy's Girl:  ill start on the transporter right now


Dad:  I love you so much.  Thanks.


Daddy's Girl:  your welcome


After asking her about the texts, she said that they talk about building a transporter so that they can be together all of the time.  It made my heart soar.  A father's love for his baby girl, a girl's absolute adoration for her dad...God is so good to allow me to see this.


I know that time changes things.  However, I wrote these texts down and I recorded them here.  In ten years, that transporter may not be such a great idea to this seven year old girl.  However, it will be a memory that her dad and I will want to visit together over and over.  So maybe  by writing this down, I have begun the process of  building my own little transporter.  

1 comment: