Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Foggy Days

     I am learning that disciplining myself in the truth that God is with us everywhere, everyday becomes most important on days we just cannot see.  Today was foggy and overcast and somehow my mind slipped into the same condition.  Probably because this sort of weather makes me feel sleepy.  My senses weren't fine tuned today, but God is still faithful and spoke to me through this Psalm. When I cannot even focus enough to form a prayer, I run to the Psalms.  Today I am grateful that I have His spoken word.  A place to just be quiet and listen as He speaks His most gracious words to me.
     "But me he caught--reached all the way from sky to sea; he pulled me out of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos, the void in which I was drowning...He stood me up on a wide-open field; I stood there saved--surprised to be loved!  God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before Him.  When I got my act together, He gave me a fresh start.  Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted.  Every day I review the ways He works; I try not to miss a trick.  I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.  God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes...What a God!  His road stretches straight and smooth.  Every God-direction is road-tested.  Everyone who runs towards Him makes it."   Psalm 18:16-24 and 18:30 (The Message)   
     Even on a day when I am distracted and tired, the last part of this verse renews my energy and invigorates my soul...A promise that on this road I will make it.  Not on my own strength, but on His alone.  What a God!  What love!

No comments:

Post a Comment