Thursday, January 12, 2012

Grace

"If you want to be really alert to seeing Jesus' divine beauty, His glory...then make sure you tune your senses to see His grace.  That's what His glory is full of."
--John Piper (taken from 1000 Gifts)


To me grace is simply having what we don't deserve and not getting what we do deserve.  Every good thing in my life is because of His grace.  I did nothing to earn it, not a thing.  A gift, the most sufficient, enduring gift.  I am in need of grace every single day and God freely pours it out...amazing!  Seeing His beauty and undeserved favor in my life, is identifying His grace.  I truly believe if I could be trained to see all of His gifts of  grace just in my life, nothing in this world could contain the vast amount of space needed to document it.  Here are a few beautiful things I captured today.  All examples in their own ways of God's grace and beauty through my eyes...


Two dark clouds being parted by the shining sun.
"...Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness.  God's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.  God spoke: 'Light!' And light appeared.  God saw the light was good and separated light from dark."  (Genesis 1:2-4)
Grace is when God's light shines through the darkness in our lives.  
I discovered this road today running errands.  It made me smile...whoever came up with this has a sense of humor and the fact that it is a county road is even better.  I loved that the words "Dead End" came before Lame Duck Drive.
Grace is that sign never defining me because He gives me purpose and direction (pretty good, huh?)

My girls, painting fingers and toes...need I say more?
I pass this shack everyday when I pick Reagan up from school.  I love it, it's just beautiful to me.  It doesn't seem like much, but through my eyes it is absolutely stunning.  
Grace is the way God sees me.  Not much...but He sees so much beauty, so much potential.

Thank you God for your amazing grace!




No comments:

Post a Comment