Monday, February 20, 2012

If?

Dark hours come when we least expect them and usually when we are the least prepared.  One of Satan's weapons he launched at Jesus was simply asking, "If you are the Son of God..." (Luke 4:9).  If?  If can be a dangerous word.  I find myself during the darkest moments listening to Satan himself saying, if He is God then...At times, I find myself crying, why God don't you see me, why have you stopped speaking?   This blog has become a weapon for me in these moments.  It is so easy to let a dark season, day, or hour creep in and steal the very life and joy from us.  Or...we can have something tangible to see God through.  His word, a list of blessings, prayer, pictures...For me it is in these images.  Images taken in an imperfect, broken world. Images that remind me that even in our darkest hours, God is there, God sees me, God loves me and He speaks...
 "Why do you complain to Him that He answers none of man's words?  For God does speak--now one way, now another--though man may not perceive it."  Job 33:13-14

Creek-side Chats...right after I snapped this picture, a dolphin came up out of the water less than two feet from the dock.  
Her face says it all.

We go every year to the Southeastern Wildlife Festival in Charleston.  The girls absolutely love wandering around Francis Marion park and seeing all of the uniquely wild creatures that God created.  They play, interact, and learn to appreciate these magnificent creations.
What is it about girls and ponies??
I fell in love with this guy.  I am going to have this picture blown up and give it a place of honor in our house.  It can be a weapon to use against the temptation to take life so seriously and to be reminded that God created this guy, God has a sense of humor.
I love the cutouts!  They are just plain fun!


I absolutely loathe this picture!  I almost had a panic attack.  Reagan went on her own and asked this man if she could hold this snake.  The best part was as she was struggling to hold it, she asked him if it would bite and he simply nodded his head, yes.  She will be the death of me!
She is fearless!

Will bought me an iphone and I discovered Instagram!  It is a nice change to be in a couple of pictures...my girls will have memories to share of me after all.

Red's at Shem Creek
It was almost 70 degrees Saturday so why not spend the day on the beach?  Jess absolutely loves sand.  I miss the days when I didn't care about getting dirty.  She takes me back to those days.

Reagan went all the way into the ocean, fully clothed, begging us to let her swim.  The water had to be 50 degrees. 

Finding joy in the simple pleasures.
Time standing still, life slowing down, God speaking.

"...If you can do anything, do it.  Have a heart and help us!  Jesus said, 'If?  There are no 'ifs' among believers.'  Anything can happen."  (Mark 9:22-24)








No comments:

Post a Comment