Monday, February 6, 2012

Consider the Daffodils



Some days are a lot easier than others.  Some days it feels like I could literally take off and fly, unchained and boundless.  Other days, it feels like I drag heavy chains around, weighed down with worries and burdens, choking life, slowing me down.  I have not gained enough wisdom yet to know how this is, just that it is.  For me, the chain that wraps itself the tightest is that of worry, distrust.  I hold onto that one, gripping it with the delusion of control.  Today (and for the last week), it has kept me immobile, blind.  
     Then, my daughter gave me a gift.  A gift with a message from God.  She gave me Daffodils.  Daffodils picked from the ground in February...Winter bearing flowers.  As soon as she handed them to me, I sensed the Holy Spirit prod..."consider these Daffodils."  I acknowledged that my burdens are heavy because right now I don't trust God, I want control...I have little faith.  Looking at those beautiful Daffodils reminded me of the verse in Luke 12:26-28...
"Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?  'Consider how the wildflowers grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will He clothe you--you of little faith!'"
I am grateful for these flowers in this Winter season.  Today, they represent God's love and faithfulness to me.  A sweet reminder delivered by His sweet child.  Again, I could not deny this gift, His love, His faithfulness...how much more?  God, I ask you to increase my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment